How to protect your privacy & security online
Internet became an important part of our daily life, and it’s very important that you protect your PC and the valuable information it may hold.
Here are few suggestions that would help you have a secure online experience.
Antivirus & Firewall Software
- Make sure your computer has the most current Antivirus & Firewall software.
- Antivirus & Firewall software need frequent updates to guard against new viruses. Make sure you download the Antivirus & Firewall updates as soon as you are notified that a download is available.
- Failure to do so may lead your PC vulnerable to attack.
- Be alert for scam emails. These may appear to come from a trusted business or friend, but actually are designed to trick you into downloading a virus or jumping to a fraudulent website and disclosing sensitive information.
- Don’t reply to any email that requests your personal information. Be very suspicious of any business or person who asks for your password or other highly sensitive information.
- Open emails only when you know the sender. Be careful about opening an email with an attachment. Even a friend may accidentally send an email with a virus.
- Be careful before you click on a link that is contained in an email or other message as it may not be trustworthy.
- Do not send sensitive personal or financial information unless it is SSL encrypted on a secure website as regular emails are not encrypted.
- Protect your identity theft by using encryption on your Wi-Fi network.
- Use strong passwords or PINs for your Internet accounts.
- Choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess.
- Use both letters and numbers and a combination of lower case and capital letters if the passwords or PINs are case sensitive.
- Use a different password for each of your accounts.
- Ensure that you change your passwords & PINs regularly at least once a month.
- For maximum security, we would advise you to memorize your PINs or passwords, keep it secret and not reveal it to anyone.
*DIXIPAY will never ask you to send any information related your PINs, passwords and access codes by email.